One of the most enhanced portions of the face in any makeup routine is the eyes. Everyone wants to draw attention to how long their eyelashes are or how precise their eyeliner is, but what is the ultimate goal of eye makeup? What is it exactly that we are trying to highlight with eyeliner and mascara? The answer goes so much deeper than the eyelashes themselves.
Many people don’t know that the iris is actually one of the most important parts of the eye to highlight. The iris is the colored part of your eye that surrounds the pupil. Darkened rings around the outside of the irises are an indicator of good fertility. Biologically speaking, many scientists theorize that highlighting the iris signals that you are a more preferable mate thus making you more attractive to partners.
Whether you believe this or not, the truth is that highlighting the iris of the eye makes your gaze seem more intense and more intriguing, thus making it more attractive. Think about it like this: if you’re on a date or at a bar and you notice someone furtively glancing at you and occasionally making eye contact, what are you going to notice first? Many people would say the eyes. Now dial in on what you notice about the eyes. Most likely, you pick up on the subtleties of them like how kind they look, how intense they are, how they draw you in.
A lot of those factors have to do with the irises! That is why it is so important to coordinate the color of your eyeshadow with the color of your eyes and use the proper mascara and eyeliner to accentuate the irises. Doing all of these things not only bring out the color and shape of your eyes, it brings out the true heart of them as well: the irises.
That’s why we love Dolly Winks Easy Lashes No.8 so much! They are specifically designed to highlight the irises by adding the perfect amount of length and fullness to the lashes. If you are looking to try them, but haven’t found just the right pairing, here is a simple tutorial on a makeup look that compliments the lashes while bringing out those beautiful irises.
1. Today, we are going to focus only on the eyes, so apply whatever face makeup you choose. Anything from full flawless foundation to a simple dot of concealer will do!
2. Identify your eye color and choose colors of eyeshadow accordingly. This can be challenging if you haven’t done it before, so a good rule of thumb is to use colors complimentary to the outside darkest shade of your iris thus attracting more attention to it. For blue eyes, subtle cool toned shadows along with very light peach colors and golds are the way to go! For brown eyes, stick mostly to deep shades of browns, nudes, and golds!
3. Using your lightest or most shimmery shade, go right over the lid of the eye focusing on the center. Then use your deepest shade in the crease of your eyelid to accentuate the curve. Use any middle shades to blend.
4. Now comes the fun part. The key to highlighting the iris is to use the correct color of eyeliner. If you have very dark hair and eyes, the popular deepest black tones will be your best friend. If you have lighter hair and more fair eyes (light brown or blue), a brown eyeliner may be the way to go! Experiment and find what works for you.
5. Apply the eyeliner just along the lashline without winging the outer edges. You want the eyeliner to enhance, not overpower.
6. Apply Dolly Winks Easy Lashes No.8 IN PLACE OF mascara! The lashes themselves do all the work eliminating the need for mascara. This specific lash set should give you the lift and length with super easy application and perfect results. Avoid using mascara on top of the lashes as some ingredients in mascara have the potential to break down some of the glue used to hold the clusters together.
And there you have it! A perfect iris-defining makeup look that can be as glam or as subtle as you choose. These lashes are absolutely perfect for a day at work or a night out and can be paired with many looks, so experiment with these and all the lashes offered through Dolly Winks Easy Lashes! We know you’ll find just the right fit. Good luck!